Code of Practice Child Protection Policy
At Tewkesbury Rugby Football Club we believe that taking part in sport should be a positive and enjoyable part of children’s lives.
We want to make sure that children are protected and kept safe from physical, sexual and emotional harm while they are with the Club’s coaches, helpers and other volunteers.
To do this we have these aims:
- All coaches will be trained before they begin working with children.\
- All coaches and volunteers with have job descriptions.
- There will be as many women coaches as men.
- All coaches will be trained to at least Preliminary Award Level before they are allowed to be the Head Coach of an age group.
- The club will encourage and help coaches to stay up-to-date with Rugby, coaching and Child Protection Issues. Each Head Coach will attend an NCF Coach Protection Workshop.
- All coaches will be given a copy of the Club’s Code of Conduct for Coaches and be expected to keep to it at all times.
- We will keep written records of attendances, parental consent and accidents.
- We will provide a written Health and Safety Policy covering Fire Procedures, Telephone Access and First Aid Emergency Procedures.
- We will provide Coaches and Parents with a written procedure for dealing with accusations or suspicions of Child Abuse.
- As a club we will promote “Fair Play” and always play within the spirit of the Laws and the letter of the Continuum.
We will identify a person whose role it is to deal with any concerns about, physical or emotional abuse within the club.